Wednesday, November 21, 2012

time to give thanks.

In lieu of all the recent Facebook posts of thanks and thanksgiving, I have given a lot of thought to what I am truly grateful for and how truly blessed I am. This year, or i should say this last month, has really shown to me what life is truly about and how extremely thankful I should be everyday for what we have. Over the past month, my dear grandfather passed away at a ripe old age, but not without leaving behind many memories. My sister in law, my brothers wife, was diagnosed with stage III papillary carcinoma, at a mere five weeks postpartum with her third baby and at 27 years of age. Lastly, I lost a patient, a dear friend, to a  battle that she fought so hard to win without one complaint. Life is so truly precious. I am grateful for a job that reminds me daily, just how truly special and precious life can be.

This Thanksgiving, I am so overwhelmed with the Spirit. I have been brought to my knees in prayer with tears in my eyes, both in pleading for comfort and thanking the Lord for all the blessings.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of eternal life that I have.  The Plan of Salvation is such a beautiful concept, and I am so happy that I know that death is not the end. It brings so much peace and joy to know that someday, we will all meet again.  Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us. He knows each of us, as individuals. I am so thankful for my health, my family, my loving husband, our sweet Ralphy, our jobs, our home...the list can go on endlessly. 





3 comments:

  1. well said. wish we could all be together this thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Lindsey. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope your sister in law is doing better. How scary, yet how wonderful to realize how precious life is and take advantage of the fullness life has to offer. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete